Not all outdoor LED signs are created equal. With so many options and features available, choosing the most appropriate one can be challenging. Some LED sign manufactures highlight quality levels while others focus on providing the best priced outdoor LED sign.
Which one would you want to go for?
Lowest Price LED Signs
Manufacturers that market them selves by price only are typically the companies to stay away from. These types of companies come and go quickly. Manufacturers that have the cheapest products typically cut a lot of corners when it comes to the type of internal component they use for the sign. This leads to low quality cheap products. To cover up the low quality companies use fancy marketing terms to describe and sell their products.
Typically a LED sign manufacturer with the cheapest prices offers:
- Lower levels of brightness –only 5,000-6,000 NITS
- Hard to use messaging software – lack of support & cumbersome
- Long leads times on parts & support
- Lack of Quality Certifications- not UL Listed, cUL Listed or CE Listed
- Bad Warranty – minimal 3-5 year parts warranty
- Pixel Sharing or Virtual Resolution – software that claims to sharpen led sign images but long term will create many problems with the image clarity and life of the LED modules.
What is a high quality LED sign?
By being honest and upfront about your products your business will always grow and customers will trust you.
When searching for a quality LED sign and manufacturer always check to see if their led signs are:
- Temperature & Climate Tested – units rated for minus -22 degree to 122 degree temperature means the manufacturer is using truly industrial grade internal components. This equals to years of reliable performance in even the harshest of environments.
- Passes Strict Tests - before the LED signs ship they should be tested for and pass the following test: Signal Integrity, Cold Start, Radiated Emissions, Thermal, Impact, Flame, Rain, Immunity, and Surge Protection tests.
- Support Materials & Free Training – library of prerecorded software training videos and free live software training.
- Manufacturing Quality –manufacturing companies that are ISO 9001 : 2008 Certified is a great sign of a company solid company. This type of certification is the equivalent to quality.
- Warranty - minimum 5 year warranty. Any company that handles the warranty on their own and doesn’t use a third party insurance company means the manufacturer believes in the quality of the products they manufacturer.