Outdoor led signage is a great tool for attracting the attention passing by traffic. In order to do this you must display eye catching content on the sign. The messages must be specifically created for your target audience, environment and location. By displaying the right combination of dynamic, effective content will make your target audience stop andstare.
Things never stay the same
One great advantage of using an outdoor led sign is that you can change its content as often as you want. Through this, you can add weather, news, sports or traffic feeds from your own source or other form of broadcast RSS media feeds. You can change and mix everything from local events and announcements, to the latest announcements.
Use this to your brand's advantage. When a new display is installed, most people stop and take notice of it. It stands out and catches the eyes of the viewers because it is vibrant and refreshing. The sign is typically used well for a couple of months, but after that, it becomes like a static sign that fade out for the viewers. Some signage owners reason out that they don't have any current promotions or offerings to offer, no important news to deliver, the software isn't too easy to use, or they are just too busy changing the content.
Creating and Managing Content
Keep your led signs content fresh to maintain the attention of daily passing by traffic.
Always make sure to create relevant and interesting content that is focused and tailored to the specific audience you are targeting. Some content can be modified to increase the reach of your original content. This leads to better brand
awareness and loyalty; and more informed audience.
Here are 10 guidelines to follow that will help you keep you outdoor led signs content fresh and current:
- Plan the content and messages you will display before deployment.
- Think about your target audience.
- Determine your message and call to action.
- Prepare and organize your content in advance.
- Consider accessibility when designing your wayfinding content.
- Optimize visuals, but don't let images take too much space.
- Get your audience to act on your message.
- Experiment with content to see which messages increase dwell time.
- Schedule content to be displayed at certain times throughout the day.
- Play or rotate different content based on the time of the day and day of the week.