One aspect of owning an LED sign that frequently gets overlooked is the need for software to control it. To be able to run an LED display, you have to have software on a computer to choose your pictures and messages, as well as to format them. Since this digital signage software is vital to the proper functioning of your LED sign, it is important to consider which software package to use.
Here is a short guide to the most important things you should look for in digital signage software, to ensure you get the most out of your digital sign.
Key Elements To Look For In Digital Signage Software
- Compatibility with your existing computers. Most software for LED signs is designed for Windows, and generally has fairly low system requirements. If you have a non-Windows shop or have not updated your computers in some time, you may have to look into purchasing a new computer to run the software.
- Date and time scheduling. There's no reason you should have to manually update the sign when you need it updated. A good digital signage software package should give you the option to create new messages and then schedule a date and time for them to display, so that you don't risk forgetting to do so.
- Compatibility with popular formats. You should get a software package that works with standard file formats, such as AVI, JPG, and BMP, as well as supporting standard Windows font files.
- Display simulations. You shouldn't have to put a message up on your LED sign to see what it's going to look like. Your signage software should have an accurate simulation of the screen, so that you can verify everything is correct before putting it on display.
- Layer control. To get the most of a full-color LED display, your software should support layering, which makes it easy to place graphic elements on top of each other. This allows you to have text placed over existing video footage.
There are a lot of options out there when you're looking for digital signage software. Don't just buy the first package you see. Compare features, and ensure you're getting software that will work with your existing systems and will let you get the most out of your LED sign.
For more information about digital signage software, contact Adaptive Displays.